Retail Commission Sales - Furniture/Bedding, Part Time *Flexible Scheduling Option!*: Indianapolis,
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 5:53 AM
Our stores are where the ultimate magic of Macy's comes to life, and our Retail Commission Furniture/Bedding Sales Associates are vital to delivering customer service that offers a distinctive shopping experience and drives sales results.You will provide outstanding customer service to all Macy's customers by demonstrating advanced product knowledge and building quality customer relationships that result in increased sales and repeat business. Your primary responsibility will be to deliver Macy's customer service promise by ensuring friendly and professional interactions with all guests.
This Macy's location utilizes an innovative way of planning work schedules. The My Schedule Plus system allows an associate to participate in the creation of his/her own work schedule by managing availability and setting preferences for work by selecting a scheduling option. This enables our associates to address the amount of flexibility needed to meet both personal and work obligations.
The Part Time Option 5 schedule selection allows the maximum amount of scheduling flexibility in a retail schedule.
Option 5 Commissioned Sales Associates are:
- Scheduled for one to two shifts per week, based on their availability
- Able to pick up additional shifts each week using our self-select tool
- Able to maintain work-life balance by designating three non-event selling days per month as unavailable to work
- Enjoy a retail discount of up to 20% on their purchases
- Able to earn commission based on their personal department sales
- Eligible for paid time off and other benefits if minimum hours requirements are met
- Typically available to work when our business needs are the greatest, including Friday nights, weekends, holidays, and big events
Details on My Schedule Plus and Option 5 are described during the interview process.
While allpositions within Macy's requireworking as part of a team to meetdepartment and store objectives, yourindividual responsibilities as a Retail Commission Sales Associate may include:
- Maintain customer service and selling as the priority
- Demonstrate knowledge of bedding services and use this knowledge to build sales
- Practice suggestive selling, offering related items and accessories and driving multiple-unit sales
- Comprehend and maintain department standards
- Follow special department operating procedures
- Communicate effectively with Associates and Management and be flexible to the needs of the business
- Achieve the company standard for sales productivity and credit solicitation
- Achieve the company standard for warranty sales programs
- Flexibility & dependability with schedules, including nights and weekends
- Previous mattress/bedding selling experience a plus
- Possesses drive and is goal-oriented
- Demonstrates an energetic and positive attitude
- A team player who possesses the ability to work in a learning environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management
- Ability to build relationships, solve problems, impact and influence others
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
• Location: Indianapolis
• Post ID: 20411147 indianapolis